Superior Roll Forming
With oversight, responsible for learning all machining skills, how to operate all tool room machines and the duties associated with the daily maintenance, upkeep and repair of dies and die components while adhering to all quality and production standards.
Full mastery of this role typically requires 2-3 years of on-the-job training, job experience and related instruction.
• Under the guidance and supervision of an experienced journeyperson
• Learns to read blueprints and use necessary measuring devices
• Learns to cut, shape and trim blanks or blocks to specified lengths or shapes, using power saws, shears, rules and hand tools
• Learns to lift, position and secure machined parts on surface plates or worktables using hoists, vises, v-blocks or angle plates
• Learns to setup and operate all manual and CNC tool room machines (CNC, Lathe, drill press, grinders, mills, etc.) for specific form tool, tap, drills or holder for grinding.
• Learns Wire EDM basics
• Learns to repair dies and build die components
• Learns to set up dies in presses.
• Learns to instruct and communicate in a positive manner with operators and set-up personnel.
• Comply with safety, quality and agile requirements.
• Assist other departments as required
Additional Duties and Responsibilities
• Responsible for total Quality of products and services and authorized to stop work when a nonconformance is noted.
• Perform assigned quality system functions as specified in QMS procedures.
• Perform other responsibilities as determined by supervisor.
• Observe established EHS regulations, procedures and practices
• High school diploma or general education degree (GED);
• Machinist coursework, trade certification or NIMS credentials preferred
• 1-3 years industrial experience required
• Experience in manufacturing, mechanical trades or experience involving mathematical calculations/blueprint reading strongly preferred
• Able to use appropriate measurement tools
• Basic knowledge of blueprint reading
Full or Part Time:
Monday through Friday from 6 am to 2 pm on-site at SRF.
Regular attendance at apprenticeship related classes at LCCC/
$20.00 per hour as a Trainee/Apprentice
Medical, dental and vision benefit plans
401K with a match
Company paid STD, LTD and life insurance
As soon as is possible
Employer Contact Information:
5535 Wegman Drive
Valley City, OH, 44280
(330) 225-2500 | email@example.com
Contact employer via Email firstname.lastname@example.org