Brookdale Medina South
Prepares and cooks meals for communities and maintains standards of kitchen cleanliness.
* Prepares all food according to the menu in a safe, sanitary manner under the direction of the dining services coordinator/manager.
* Ensures proper preparation, portioning, and serving of foods according to standardized recipes.
* Prepares quality food products according to standardized recipes and menus.
* Adheres to all safety and sanitation standards.
* Prepares food in a timely manner at specified meal times.
* Responds to community issues or concerns that may occur in the dining room.
* Follow departmental procedures including sanitation, safety, and cleaning schedules.
* Follows proper cleaning procedures and storage of all dishes, utensils and cooking equipment.
* Ensures all food in refrigerator, freezer, and dry storage are labeled and dated.
* Oversees proper food handling and utilization of all foods to prevent contamination, increase quality, and reduce cost.
* Suggests menu or recipe changes to utilize leftovers and other supplies.
* Cleans all food service equipment, kitchen and food storage areas.
Certifications, Licenses, and other Special Requirements
Current ServSafe Certification required.
Management/ Decision Making:
Makes standard and routine decisions based on detailed guidelines with little independent judgment. Problems are generally solved with clear, detailed guidelines or by reporting them to a supervisor.
Knowledge and Skills:
Has a working knowledge of a skill or discipline that requires basic analytic ability. Has an overall understanding of the work environment and process. has working knowledge or the organization.
Brookdale is an equal opportunity employer.
Full or Part Time:
6am-2pm or 11am-7pm
Referral Program, Associates Perks,
Employer Contact Information:
100 High Point Drive
Medina, OH, 44256
(330) 723-0110 | email@example.com
Contact employer via email